Saturday, September 09, 2006


Welcome to Roach's Adventures. Roach is a Norman E. Dallimore designed flush-decked tabloid cruiser designed in 1948 and built by Stebbing's Yard in Burnham-on-Crouch between 1949-1953 (I still need to do a little research on her early history) . She is a rare little yacht as she is one of the very few remaining flush-decked cruisers built for estuary sailing on the East Coast immediately after the war. She is only 22ft long, 7 foot beam and 4 foot draft. She will eventually carry her original 225sq. ft of canvas from a restored Douglas fir mast. She was bought was a project in 1996 just before I was posted abroad on work. Now, on my return, I have started her restoration which has involved fitting new keel bolts, some new floors and frames, a new cockpit, a totally new interior and a new Beta engine. All her restoration is to the original plans using as much solid seasoned wood as financially possible. Currently Roach is on schedule for launch in Spring 2007! I have started this blog site with a few photos of her a taken couple of weekends ago, but as time progresses I hope to make a web- site for her with a lot more information. In the meantime I hope this whets your appetites!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home