Sunday, November 11, 2007

Roach gets 1970's Wind Vane Steering





Just a quickie pots about a new acquisition that Roach has got: 1970’s self-steering gear.
I am not sure how well it will perform, but we will see. I am quite lucky as it was not expensive and I think it being wooden, will not be so outrageously ugly on a classic boat (it is also removable). As I have to varnish the whole yacht anyway, I can just carry on going over the vane!

Another winter project I am adding to the List - the others: Saloon table, the backrests and also roller furling on the jib. I am also planning a Spitfire Jib and Ghoster for next season together with setting up her now-restored Spinnaker Gear. So watch this space to see how I get along with these rather ambitious projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home