Saturday, April 07, 2007

A little note about UCP


OK power tools sorted - and it it looks like I might be able to get the decks done if I work really full days over Easter. The slow progress is due to the UCP on the deck. This mini post is a warning to all you wooden boaters than may think that UCP is a great product - well in aint! It flakes off when you want it to hold, and then sticks like the proverbial to felt when you want to sand it off! It is the most useless coating I have ever encountered, as it is useless for overcoating over too as it is slippy and non-matt. So this is a warning to all you lot consindering a two-pack system UCP is not the base you should start on! I will let you know how I get on with the Aemme stuff from Italy. Anyway, here is a pic of the deck taken back to bare wood in preperation for the new coating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home