Sunday, September 21, 2008

Roach comes out for the Winter boo-hoo


Well that is it. Roach has come to the end of the 2008 sailing season. I decided that it was unlikely that I would use her that much over the Winter and hauling her out would give me piece of mind. So it was a dawn start to get round to the Deben for a haul-out at Midday.
Everything went without a hitch and in a way I am pleased she is out even though the weather has been fabulous. I have so many projects that I would like to complete this Winter, and so I think it is for the best.


There is a weeping keel bolt that needs attention – and as this is under the engine, quite a project. There is also a weeping stern gland that needs some investigation too. That is the urgent stuff – other than that I would like to get an all-around gab handle for her. When I was sailing in heavy weather this season I really missed the security of a grab handle – so this will be another major project. A sprayhood, or something of that ilk would also be very useful. Many more projects in the back of my mind, and will try and update you on the progress of these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home