Thursday, January 22, 2009

The New Tomato Jib arrives!


Well the Jeckells tan spitfire sail arrived. Tan is not exactly red, so I wonder whether i can get away with calling it a Tomato Jib!
I am very happy with the heavy material and excellent build quality though – all made in Norfolk. I asked for a wire luff and hanks but asked them not to rope it all the way around to save on money. The only things that slightly worries me is that it is only single stitched. That said the zig-zags each have three stitches per leg on them whereas my mainsail, made in Hong Kong, sports triple stitching but only one stitch per zigzag – worth noting if you are ordering a new sail. I am not too worried though, as I can always make improvements on the sail myself and add stitching in my own time. For the price, I really can’t complain: The great thing is that I have eventually got a spitfire sail and if the Summer is going to be like last summer, it will be used !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home