Sunday, August 09, 2009

Roasting Hot!


One thing I have always missed on Roach is an oven. Oven's are such great things on boats as you can make so many lovelt dishes - and in safety whilts you get on with other things!

Well there are two reasons I have no oven on Roach. The first is the lack of space, and the second is the fact that I don't believe in gas (Roach has a Taylors) and a new Taylor's parraffin stove WITH an oven costs around £1,500 - I kid you not! So there we go, I have to make do with this oven which I have yet to test. But at 1% of the cost of Taylo'rs with an oven, I am willing to give the thing the benefit of the doubt!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there any chance of supplying the name and source of this oven. Cheers Paul

12:07 AM  
Blogger Baddaddy said...

I'd be interested to know too please - and about how well it works!

Gav

7:39 AM  
Blogger Roach1948 said...

Not sure where one can get one. Like most things Roach it is out of production and I bought it in a local charity shop. Have a friend with a Cobb and he rates it - that would be modern equivalent.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home